Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Jamba Juice's pumpkin smoothie




I'm a Jamba Juice fan from way back (like, when they called themselves Juice Club). Jamba is a special treat for me; even the lowest-calorie smoothies pack a lot of calories, so I only go when the occasion warrants.

Going to the dentist is one of those occasions.

Monday, I had a tooth pulled. What a way to start the week! Because I availed myself of my dentist's sedation dentistry services, I had to fast for 12 hours prior to the appointment. So Monday morning, I took the little blue pill they gave me then watched the world disappear like fragments of a dream. It was wonderful, but not in the same giggly way that nitrous oxide is.

With the little blue pill, I was able to be an ideal patient -- no anxiety, no gagging, able to keep my mouth WIDE open for an entire 90 minutes. And I don't remember a thing.

But boy, was I hungry by the time it was over. Definitely time for a stop at Jamba Juice. With my darling husband acting as interpreter between me and the sober world, I ordered a power-sized Pumpkin Smash.

Granted, I was coming off of one heck of a trip when I drank it, but I loved it and feel certain that I'll still love it when I go back. With a satin texture and a hint of pumpkin pie spice, it's a winner.

The stats (original size, 22 ounces): 510 calories, 0.5 g fat, 3 g fiber. Like I said, the calories quickly add up at Jamba, so it's not an everyday thing, but perfect for pumpkin season!

3 comments:

  1. Just curious if you ever tried this again and can recommend it without the little blue pill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin jamba juice is my most favorite! I, too, save jamba juice for special occasions due to the high calorie count, but I look forward to this one all year!! I think i've already had 3 this season: Apparently I'm finding many "special occasions" =).... <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the blog post.Really thank you! Much obliged. dan holzmann wikipedia

    ReplyDelete