Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Detox Day 2 - Not so bad!

Day 2 of my 21-day cleanse went really well, partly, I suppose, because there's no food in the refrigerator. For breakfast, I stuck with my faithful oatmeal, today with half a banana sliced in before cooking.

Lunch was very odd. Around 11:30, I ate a huge bowl of watermelon and finished the Spanish cocktail mix from Monday. I got hungry again around 2 and made myself a really nice smoothie with a banana, a handful of frozen strawberries, almond milk, agave nectar, and a heaping teaspoon of psillium. Sweet but not too sweet and perfect for the 90+ degree day.

When DH got home, I ate 9 corn chips with him (that's a serving according to the nutritionals). A couple hours later, I finished the watermelon. I am capable of eating as much melon as you put in front of me. There are worse vices.

So far, I've had no cravings for flour or sugar, but there's a lot of food mine fields between here and August 2, which is when I'll be done. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment